RECRUITMENT OF STUDENT NURSES FOR TRAINING AT THE NATIONAL SCHOOL OF NURSING COLOMBO ATTACHED TO SRI JAYEWARDENEPURA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Application Closing Date: 19.07.2021
Click here for download Application Form
Applications are invited from citizens of Sri Lanka, who are qualified under the following requirements to be recruited for training at the School of Nursing, Colombo attached to Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital for the permanent cadre of Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital.
A). Educational Qualifications:
1. Should have a minimum number of three (03) passes in Bio Science/ Physical Science (Mathematical stream) or Agricultural Science stream, (without General Test) at the GCE (A/L) Examination,.
II. Should have passed the GCE (O/L) Examination in 06 subjects with 04 credit passes including Sinhala/Tamil, English, Mathematics and Science in not more than two sittings.
(Copies of certified certificates mentioned above and average “Z” score should
be attached to the application.)
B). Age Limit and conditions relevant to the training:
1. Age should not be below 18 years and over 25 years as at 19.07.2021.
2. Height should not be less than 5′
3. Be unmarried.
4. Should be physically and mentally sound.
5. Should be prepared to remain unmarried until the training is successfully completed.
6. Female candidates only should apply
The selected applicants will be required to undergo a three (03) year training period at the National School of Nursing at Colombo and during the period of training the following payments will be made.
First year – Rs. 27140/-p.m.
Second year – Rs. 27440/- p.m
Third year – Rs.27740/- p.m.
In addition to above payments, allowances approved by the Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital Board will also be paid.
D) Common conditions:
1. During the period of training the selected applicants are required to abide by the rules and regulations of the National School of Nursing at Sri Jayewardenepura.
2. On successful completion of the three year training programme, appointments will be given at Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital as Permanent Nursing Officers of Grade A. Those who are appointed to the Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital as nursing officers will not be allowed to transfer to the other hospitals.
3. Selected candidates are required to contribute to Employees’ Provident Fund and Employees’ Trust Fund,
4. Selected candidates will be required to enter into an agreement and a bond with the Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital Board to complete the three (03) year training course successfully and to serve in the Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital for a minimum period of 10 years.
5. Selected candidates should hand over the above Agreement and Bond to the Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital Board prior to the commencement of the training.
6. If any of the conditions of above agreement have been violated by a trainee she should pay the value of the guarantee of Rs. Three Hundred Thousand (Rs. 300,000/=) and other expenses borne by the Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital Board on behalf of the training to Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital Board.
The selections will be made through an interview from the applicants who will be shortlisted according to the merit position of marks obtained at the (A/L) Examination.
7. Training will be suspended if found any indisciplinary action or poor physical and mental fitness during the training period.
8. Training will be suspended if found that required qualifications have not been fulfilled or incorrect information has been submitted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates who have completed qualifications in No. A could apply for the training only if they agree to the conditions in No. D. “Application for Student Nurses” should be marked on the left-hand top corner of the cnvelope. All applications should reach the Director of Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital on or before 19.07.2021.
SRI JAYEWARDENEPURA GENERAL HOSPITAL,